Are you Participating in America Saves Week?
Organizations from across the Unites States will be participating in this year’s America Saves Week, which starts today and ends Friday, February 28, 2014.
America Saves Week is an annual week that is set aside by America Saves and the American Savings Education Council to help promote good savings behaviors while teaching individuals how to assess their own saving habits.
Here are a list of free events and activities that are open to the public to attend this week.
• eXtension is hosting a #eXASchat Twitter chat on Monday, Feb 24 from 7:00PM – 8:00PM EST hosted by Dr. Barbara O’Neill and special guest America Saves.
• Florida Saves will be hosting a free “How to Save $500 – Quick, easy steps!” webinar on Monday, Feb 24 from 12:30PM – 1:30PM EST
• Experian will be hosting a #CreditChat with America Saves on Wednesday, Feb 26 from 12:00PM – 1:00 PM PST at Experian.com (http://www.experian.com/blogs/news/about/creditchat/)
• Florida Saves will be hosting a free “Women & Money: Unique Issues” webinar on Wednesday, Feb 26 from 12:30PM – 1:30PM EST
• Wise Bread and America Saves have teamed up to host a Tweet chat on Thursday, Feb 27 from 12:00PM – 1:00PM PST called “#WBChat: How to Develop Savings Habits.” On this chat, they will be giving away $100. Click here (http://www.wisebread.com/join-our-tweetchat-on-thursday-227-12pm-pst-for-a-chance-to-win-100-in-prizes) for more information.
• Experian is hosting a Google Hangout on Friday, Feb 28 from 12:00PM – 1:00PM PST with special guest America Saves via Experian.com (http://www.experian.com/blogs/news/about/america-saves)
2014 America Saves Challenge
As part of America Saves Week (February 24-March 1, 2014), a time set aside annually to promote good savings behavior, the Cooperative Extension system is launching an online “2014 America Saves Challenge.” This free five-week program, open to anyone who enrolls online, will be held from Sunday, February 23, through Saturday, March 29, 2014. Prizes will be awarded for participants who report the highest point totals at the end of each week and at the end of the challenge.
To participate in the America Saves Challenge, visit the Rutgers Cooperative Extension Small Steps to Health and Wealth™ Challenge Web site at http://rutgers.ancc.net/. Set up a user name and password and download a one-page user’s guide with instructions about how to proceed. Enroll in the Challenge titled “2014 America Saves Challenge.” This challenge will be among a list of names of online challenges that are currently available to participate in.
Save Your Refund Sweepstakes
The SaveYourRefund Sweepstakes makes you a winner this tax season– win $250 in weekly drawings or a GRAND PRIZE of $25,000 by simply saving $50 of your federal refund!