DIY Thursdays: Create a Holiday Inspired Snow Globe
Most people’s first memory of the Christmas season contained a snow globe. For kids this imagery stimulates their imagination and their overall innocence. This is a very simple project that you and your entire family can do together.
• Small figurine
• Water-resistant glue
• Glass jar (with smooth sides) and a lid
1. First take the top off of the car.
2. Then glue the figurine tightly to the bottom of the jar top. Make sure that the figurine is tightly stuck to the center of the Jar’s top.
3. Pour the glitter into the glass jar until the entire bottom of the jar has been covered with glitter.
4. Pour water into the glitter-filled jar until it reaches the rim of the jar.
5. Place glue around the interior edge of the jar top.
6. Tightly put the jar top back on the jar and close tightly.
7. Wait about 15 minutes for the glue on the lid top to dry.
8. Let it snow.
Jessica Williams is Consolidated Credit’s Marketing Communications New Media Coordinator. As a member of the education team, Jessica focuses on helping consumers make better financial decisions while living debt-free. She has previously worked with Take Stock In Children, where she was a mentor and communications specialist, and SouthPromo.com, where she managed community relations, event planning, marketing, and public relations. Jessica attended both the University of Florida and the University of Central Florida where she received her B.S. in Interpersonal/Organizational Communications and Marketing. Connect with Jessica on Google+.