DIY Thursday: Do-It-Yourself Beauty Treatments
Don’t have the time or money to take a spa day. That’s fine. We are bringing the spa to you with these easy to follow at-home beauty treatments.
1. Honey Hair Conditioner
• 1 ripe persimmon
• 1 sprig of rosemary
• ¼ cup of almond or olive oil
• 4 drops of peppermint oil or fresh mint leaves
1. Cut persimmon in pieces and place in food processor or blender.
2. Add remaining ingredients and blend until mix is creamy.
3. Apply to clean damp hair and scalp.
4. Leave in for 20 minutes. (To maximize conditioning effects, you can wear a shower cap during these 20 minutes).
5. Rinse, dry, and style.
2. Face Mask
• 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
• 1 teaspoon of honey
1. Mix ingredients.
2. Apply to face.
3. Let sit on your face for 15 minutes.
4. Gently rinse and pat dry.
3. Exfoliating Body Wash
• A small container
• Sugar or salt
• Olive oil or grape seed oil
1. Pour sugar (or salt) into container until it is filled ½ way.
2. Pour olive (grape seed) oil until it just covers the sugar (salt).
4. Take in shower and spread over your body, gently rub, and rinse.
4. Cucumber Eye Pads
• 1 cucumber
• Cotton pads
• Fruit juice extractor
• Ziplock bags
1. Using the fruit juice extractor, extract the juice from the cucumber.
2. Pour the cucumber juice in a bowl.
3. Soak cotton pads in the cucumber juice and gently squeeze out the excess liquid.
4. Repeat until you have used all of the cucumber juice.
5. Place cucumber pads without overlapping inside of the ziplock bags.
6. Store bags in the freezer.
7. When you are ready to use them, take them out of the freezer and let them thaw for 10 minutes before applying to you eye area.
8. Place over eyes for 15 – 20 minutes.