Benefits of The Affordable Health Care Act
Prior to the introduction of the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare), a lot of low-income and middle-income families and small businesses could not afford health care. If you had a preexisting health condition, you were denied health insurance coverage. Insurance companies were charging its members based on their overall health statuses and gender. If you were recently unemployed and lost you company’s insurance, you were forced to rely on the overpriced COBRA insurance coverage for a limited time.
With the launch of ObamaCare on October 1, 2013, provisions have been made to solve these problems from occurring. This new act offers these same families and businesses new protections on all new plans.
Additional benefits include:
- New Health Insurance Marketplaces that allow shoppers to compare Health Plans with all new benefits, rights, and protections.
- Cost assistance to individuals, families, and small businesses through the marketplace.
- No annual or lifetime benefits on healthcare.
- Insurance companies cannot drop you when you are sick or for making a mistake on your application.
- You cannot be denied coverage due to preexisting health conditions.
- You have the right to quickly appeal any health insurance company decision.
- A large improvement to women’s health services.
- Reforms to the health care industry to cut wasteful spending.
- Better care and protections for senior citizens.
- New preventative services at no out-of-pocket costs.
- You cannot be charged more based on your health status or gender.
- Plus a host of other great benefits, rights, and protections.
- Coverage on parents insurance for young adults up until the age of 26
Under ObamaCare, starting January 1, 2014, the “Ten Essential Benefits” that will be included in all insurance plans are:
- Emergency services
- Laboratory services
- Maternity care
- Mental health and substance abuse treatment
- Outpatient/ambulatory care
- Pediatric care
- Prescription drugs
- Preventative care
- Rehabilitative services
- Vision and dental care for children
ObamaCare does offer businesses owners, individuals, and families a variety of services and benefits. It was created to ensure that every American had some form of health insurance coverage. According to ObamaCareFacts.com “The core of health care reform is about Americans ensuring their right to health care, allowing them opportunity to find that new job without jeopardizing their access to coverage and the comfort of knowing that they loved ones will be taken care of when they need it the most.”