Best Deals And Freebies For This Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day began in the late 1880s as a day set aside to honor everyone in the American work force. But today, Labor Day Weekend has become a three day holiday off from school and work filled with fun family gatherings and money saving sales marking the end of the summer season.
For those who have no plans of staying in the house this weekend, you can take advantage of the many restaurants, stores, and companies that will be celebrating this 2013 Labor Day Weekend by offering sales and discounted products and services.
Here is a list of companies that will be offering freebies, discounts, and dollar deals this weekend that consumers should make sure to take advantage of:
– A.C. Moore : On Saturday, August 31, 2013 from 1PM – 3PM, all 140 store locations that are spread across the US’s east coast will be holding a free “Make and Take” class on how you can make rubber band bracelets.
– Bass Pro Shop: On Saturday, August 31, 2013 and Sunday, September 1, 2013 from noon to 5PM, all locations nationwide (excluding those in Branson, Miami, and Islamorada) are offering free fun activities for kids, face-painting, free cooking seminars focused on grilling, food and more.
– BJs Wholesale Club: BJs is offering a free 60-day trial membership offer that begins on Friday, August 30, 2013. This risk-free trials includes no surcharges and full membership benefits.
– Blue Star Museums: All military personnel who are on active duty and their families get free admission at participating cultural institutions from Friday, August 30, 2013 to Monday, September 2, 2013.
– Firehouse Subs: On Monday, September 2, 2013, Firehouse Subs will be giving away a free medium sub with the purchase of any sub combo at participating locations. To redeem this offer, visit Firehouse Sub’s Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/firehousesubs) and print out the coupon or pull it using your smartphone.
– IKEA: Planning on visiting IKEA this weekend, if so at participating locations from Saturday, August 31, 2013 through Monday, September 2, 2013 you may want to stop in and treat yourself to a meal. For shoppers who are spending more than $150 in the store during any one of these three days can deduct the cost of their meal at check out.
– Yankee Candle: From Thursday, August 29, 2013 until Monday, September 2, 2013, Yankee Candle stores nationwide and online will be offering $1 deals on Tarts wax melts, Samplers votive candles, and Car Jar air fresheners.
Whatever Labor Day Deals you decide to take part one, make sure you do wisely as your wallet will thank you on Tuesday, September 3, 2013.
For more Labor Day Deals, check out LaborDayDeals.com
Jessica Williams is Consolidated Credit’s Marketing Communications New Media Coordinator. As a member of the education team, Jessica focuses on helping consumers make better financial decisions while living debt-free. She has previously worked with Take Stock In Children, where she was a mentor and communications specialist, and SouthPromo.com, where she managed community relations, event planning, marketing, and public relations. Jessica attended both the University of Florida and the University of Central Florida where she received her B.S. in Interpersonal/Organizational Communications and Marketing. Connect with Jessica on Google+.