Perfect Plan for a Summer Retreat
Summer is right around the corner. The kids are off from school, the weather is sunny and warm and everyone is looking forward to a relaxing vacation. Summer has become almost synonymous with beaches and sunshine not to mention the hefty price tag. While planning a summer beach resort vacation may not fit into your budget, there are still affordable alternatives. A limited amount of cash should not prevent you from spending quality time with your loved ones. Be creative, there are plenty of things to do that won’t cost you a penny!
Missmoneybee.com recommends the following low-cost summer activities:
• Take a trip to the park. Enjoying the day at the park can be easy and fun. You can bring lunch, board games, a Frisbee, and a pack of cards. It’s simple and it costs nothing to soak up the sun or cool off in the shade.
• Get crafty. Come up with artsy projects using things you already have in the house. For example, think of a favorite place, like the beach or mountains and then you and your children can make wonderful drawings. Get inspired and check out CraftBits.com.
• Visit the movies. If you’re in the mood for a movie then you’re in luck. Free summer movies are a great way to keep the kids entertained and occupied for awhile. After all, when the weather gets hot, sometimes the best escape can be a cold movie theater. Make sure you read all the details for the theater near you because each theater runs their free summer movie programs a little differently. Check out this website to get more details.
• Research activities. There a lots of free local events and programs during the summer – you just have to know where to look. Scour the pages of your local newspapers, neighborhood news magazines and your county’s website. You’d be surprised to see how many free and cheap activities you can find – from outdoor plays acted in the park to festivals, concerts, art shows, recreational events, nature trails, fishing and more.
• Don’t forget about the library. If you’d rather stay inside for the day, visit your local library. They often hold free events such as reading activities and sometimes show movies. Contact your local library and pick up their schedule for summer.
Don’t be down on yourself this summer because you’re a little short on cash. Bring your family together and have some fun. You don’t need any money, just a little imagination and some good company!