Holiday Shopping 2011: Several Stores to Open at Midnight on Black Friday
This holiday shopping season may set a new record! After eating your Thanksgiving turkey, rather than bonding with (or annoying – depending on the family) your friends and family, you will have the opportunity to get your crazy on and start your holiday shopping at midnight.
Major retailers including Macy’s, Target, Toys R US, and Kohl’s (all locations) announced they are opening their doors early to give consumers a jump start on Black Friday deals. They are offering enticing deals and goodies to lure people out of their beds to spend money. Will this new ploy bring in the revenue that stores are hoping for – despite the question of a possible double dip economy?
Check out some of the major Black Friday deals. As retailers continue to roll out freebies, deals, and discounts, we will promptly post them on MissMoneyBee.com. Tell us if you plan to ‘shop until you drop’ starting at midnight or if the deals just aren’t cutting it for you!
- Macy’s will be offering Sharper Image iPhone and iPod docking stations for 50% off and $99 Kenneth Cole NY & Nautica overcoats.
- Toys R Us will be open from midnight to 1 pm and will be offering dozens of doorbusters including $50 gift cards with an Apple iPod purchase. Also, buy one Batman action figures, get two FREE.
- Target will be offering a price match guarantee this holiday shopping season, you must have proof of a competitor advertisement or receipt within a week of purchase.
- Kohl’s will be open for a 24 hour span from midnight Friday to midnight Saturday.
- Amazon.com will feature significant discouns on hundreds of items including flat screen televisions, cameras, movies, jewelry and more. Some of the deals include a Fujifilm FinePix F505 Digital Camera (includes 4 GB Memory Card) for $179, down nearly $220 from $399.95 originally; Arrested Development: The Complete Series for $28.99, regularly $89.98; and Sony 9-Inch LED Digital Photo Frame for $69, on sale from original price of $139.99.