6 Inexpensive Ways to Decorate Your Christmas Tree
Here at Miss Money Bee, we understand that too many families are dealing with hard economic times, especially during this year’s holiday season. Trying to make ends meet just to have a roof over your head and food on the table is stressful enough, but with the holidays approaching, money becomes even tighter. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, holiday parties, and gift giving for your family and friends, not much money is left over for holiday decorations, so to help out I have compiled a list of inexpensive ways to decorate your Christmas tree this holiday season. With this list of decoration ideas, you can keep money in your pocket and have your home feel festive! If you know of other frugal decorative ways to beautify your house or tree for the holidays, feel free to leave a comment! Hope you enjoy.
1. String Popcorn and Cranberries — Using a nice, sturdy thread and a sewing needle, string popcorn or cranberries, or both, and create string of garland. This will make your Christmas tree look gorgeous without costing you a bunch of cash. NOTE: Spray your string with Pam, it will keep the string from snagging and crumbling up.
2. Paper Snow Flakes – Cut out snowflakes out of white printer paper and hang them on your tree! Here’s a YouTube video with instructions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvDBllCxano
3. Homemade Ornaments – Go to your local craft store and find blank foam ornaments for typically 50 cents apiece. Then, buy some inexpensive paint and glitter, simply paint and apply a little glitter, and voila! You have pretty homemade ornaments to hang on your Christmas tree without hurting your wallet. Check out some other great ways to create your own ornaments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gVQkbHaMo.
4. Hang Christmas Cards on Your Tree – Take all those lovely holiday cards that you have received from friends and family, use a hook or pretty ribbon (which can be bought from most craft stores) and hang them on your Christmas tree! It’ll look pretty and will cost you almost NOTHING!
5. Decorate Your Tree With Candy Canes – You can buy candy canes from the dollar store and bring some holiday spirit to your tree by hanging them all over the place.
6. Make Paper Link Chains – Choose the color paper you’d like your chains to be, get glue and scissors and then cut the paper into stripes and make the chains! It’s super simple and very festive! Check out this link for more detailed instructions: How to Make Paper Link Chains to Decorate a Christmas Tree | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_10384_make-paper-link.html#ixzz181juCBBq
About the Author
Samantha Savory is a 20-something-year-old recent communications graduate whose mission is to financially succeed and thrive in this economy. She writes about personal finance and anything related to shopping and saving money.